On Thursday 29th April it was announced that restrictions would be eased from the 10th May and that churches can re-open with up to 50 people in attendance.
With this in mind both St. Mary’s Church, Clonsilla and St. Brigid’s Church, Castleknock will re-open on Sunday 16th May at 10.00 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. respectively.
Live streaming of the service from St. Brigid’s will continue for those wishing to ‘attend’ church this way on Sundays at 11.30 a.m on our YouTube Channel. Service sheets will continue to be sent by email to you all. Our midweek Wednesday Holy Communion service at 10.30 a.m. will open for an in-person service on the 19th May and this service will also continue to be streamed live.
To ensure the safety of everyone who wants to come to these services, precautions will be in place for those that wish to attend:
- We ask that those in the ‘at risk’ groups or those who have been in contact with covid-19 sufferers within the past 3 weeks not attend.
- It is recommended that facemasks, although not provided, should be worn, except by those with underlying conditions, which preclude the wearing of one, e.g. asthma or COPD sufferers, children under the age of 13.
- All churches have been examined to establish the maximum number that can be accommodated safely in line with social distancing rules. Please follow the directions of the churchwardens and assisting vestry members when entering and leaving the building.
- Please do not congregate when entering or exiting the church and members of the congregation should not meet in the carparks without adhering to social distancing rules.
- No coffee or tea will be available after the services.
- Use of bathrooms will be allowed under strict supervision of numbers.
- Sanitisers are provided at every entry and exit to the church.
- A family should share the one pew. Persons should avoid sitting in pews that have been closed off, or in parts of pews where notices have been placed, to satisfy social distancing protocols.
- To allow for contact tracing, those attending a service must complete the form left in the pew to satisfy Government guidelines regarding contact details. Completed forms and biros are to be left on the seat in the pew.
- As with previous reopening for religious service congregational singing and choir singing is not permitted.
- Collections will be by way of retiring collections at the exits.
The office remains closed at this time, but can be contacted by email, firstname.lastname@example.org,
God Bless and stay safe.