To all Parishioners
We are delighted that we can re-open our churches from Sunday July 5th. On Sundays 5th and 12th of July, there will be services of Morning Prayer, at 10.00 a.m. in St Mary’s Church, Clonsilla and at 11.30 a.m. in St. Brigid’s Church, Castleknock. There will also be evening services in St Thomas’ Church, Mulhuddart at 7.00 p.m. The Wednesday morning Communion Service, usually held in the Parish Centre, will be held in St. Brigid’s Church at 10.30 a.m. The resumption of the 8.30 a.m. service on Sunday mornings will be deferred to a later date.
To ensure the safety of everyone who wants to come to these services, there are some precautions that we are requesting you follow if you attend:
- We ask that those in the ‘at risk’ groups or those who have been in contact with covid-19 sufferers within the past 3 weeks not attend.
- It is recommended that facemasks, although not provided, should be worn, except by those with underlying conditions, which preclude the wearing of one, e.g. asthma or COPD sufferers, children under 14.
- All churches have been examined to establish the maximum number that can be accommodated safely in line with social distancing rules. Please follow the directions of the churchwardens and assisting vestry members when entering and leaving the building.
- Please do not congregate when entering or exiting the church and members of the congregation should not meet in the carparks without adhering to social distancing rules.
- No coffee or tea will be available after the services.
- Use of bathrooms will be allowed under strict supervision of numbers.
- Sanitisers are provided at every entry and exit to the church with paper towels. Used paper tissues, disposable gloves and service sheets, etc., should be placed in the bins provided at points of entry and exit.
- A family should share the one pew. Persons should avoid sitting in pews that have been closed off, or in parts of pews where notices have been placed, to satisfy social distancing protocols.
- To allow for contact tracing, those attending a service must complete the form left in the pew to satisfy Government guidelines regarding contact details. Completed forms and biros are to be left on the seat in the pew.
- During the service, further instructions will be given regarding singing and arrangements for Holy Communion.
- Collections will be by way of retiring collections at the exits.
Looking forward to seeing some of you on the 5th.
Canon Paul Houston